Saturday, August 21, 2010

What I've been up to

Things have been a bit quiet over here for the last two weeks (although followers of @timstretton on Twitter will have been vexed by periodic tweets).  I have not been wholly idle, and over the next couple of weeks I'll be blogging about:

~ my current work in progress, The Fall of the Fireduke
~ the imminent German publication of Serendip (Editions Andreas Irle's translation of Dragonhaser)
~ summer reading - the latest by LC Tyler and KJ Parker's fantasy Colours in the Steel 
~ Inception    
I have also spent a lot of the summer cooking, so if you want my observations on chicken cacciatore or greek salad omelette, I'm your man.

3 comments:

C. N. Nevets said...

I'd say given your word counts and cooking feats the last couple of weeks, you may be quiet on the blog, but it's definitely a productive and creative quiet.

And I can't wait to get Dog of the North in the mail!

Frances Garrood said...

I'll have the salad please, Tim.

Tim Stretton said...

Back to work next week, Nevets, so progress on both cooking and writing likely to be hampered.

Frances, the salad wasn't bad. A straw poll of the ten dishes piloted over the fortnight had Tomato and Thyme Cod top ahead of Tomato and Gnocchi Bake. Greek Salad Omelette finished in the middle of the pack. Last and least was 'Chicken Traybake' which scored 4 out of 30...