Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More on Dragonchaser

I'm delighted to say that Andreas Irle, proprietor of the highly respected Editions Andreas Irle, has finished his German translation of Dragonchaser. We are now hopeful of a publication date later this year, although Andreas is also busy translating Jack Vance's autobiography for the German market.

We also have a fine cover design now, created by Ralf Kübler. The book has a new title for the German market, 'Serendip' (or Serendipity in English) being the name of the hero's racing galley.


I'm excited to be published by such a prestigious small press, and also to have a greater market presence in Germany, where there seems to be an appetite for my work.


Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

Great cover, Tim! Good luck with the German sales.

Unknown said...

I'm just coming to the end of Wolf Hall and have to say that I'm hugely impressed. Don't normally stray too far from my fantasy ghetto so haven't read any of her other work, actually I'll qualify that. I don't normally read anything the literasi praise to high heaven, historical fiction, fantasy, SF, horror, crime are my ghetto!

Hope you get to publish more Mondia Tim...

Tim Stretton said...

Thanks Simon. I'm glad you're enjoying Wolf Hall because it has a lot of praiseworthy features. My problems with it were more down to personal taste than any failings of quality.

It can only be a good thing to see an intelligent and meticulously researched novel winning the Booker Prize. I just hope I like her next one a bit more!

Alis said...

That's now the third recommendation I've had for Beyond Black in a couple of weeks - I must get a copy...

Tim Stretton said...

Highly recommended from this corner, Alis. If you like Aliya's stuff you'll like this too. David used the term 'bracing' about another writer, and that's spot-on here too.